Monday 23 May 2011

Lady Gaga And Pop Culture: Just A Song?

Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child could be one of several, insiders say
Read more: Here


Well, thank goodness for Lady Gaga and pop culture: completely vindicating Arnold from any moral failure.
In her own words (Born this way):



There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are
She said, 'cause He made you perfect, babe
So hold your head up, girl and you you'll go far
Listen to me when I say

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

A different lover is not a sin
Believe capital H-I-M


Culture, Celeb's and powerful political figures should not create our 'norm' for what is logical or acceptable. I accept thier freedom to do thier thing and equally I stand in freedom to develop my views based on my conscious.  As for me and my house, we respectfully disagree Miss Gaga.

My take on any crisis in a marriage is very sobering indeed.  I am continually humbled to look at myself and see where I am coming up short, versus judging another man's hard time. My axe to grind is not with Arnold, but a 'pop culture' which is used to influence a mass of people.  I hope to continually grow as a father.  I want to love my wife and care for my children so that the right things will influence them.
I admit it is difficult to be an outstanding husband and father.  I believe with humility, unconditional love and a commitment to change I'm on the right track baby!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are misintrepreting what Lady Gaga is saying Ryan. She wrote this song for everyone who is "different" in the eyes of people who think they are "normal". Ryan you took that line out of context - it has nothing to do with loving someone or having an affair with someone outside of your marriage. It is a song for anyone who feels judged or criticized by the mainstream. It is a song about empowerment for people who are "different" and it encourages acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest that anyone who is looking to Lady Gaga as a moral compass might have some common sense issues to deal with first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete

Think of how you can make your point and be respectful.
Try to keep cursing to a minimum; with thanks.

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain